Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm Multitasking!

I want to thank everyone who came to my cancel this weekend. Lycaon's Lair was really hopping on my birthday. The authors came out in force with their excerpts. Lots of ladies shared hottie pics. One lucky reader will receive a five dollar gift certificate to Fictionwise; one author will receive a banner ad at Coffee Time Romance. The winner of the five dollar gift certificate is Robin2. The winner of the banner ad is Megan Rose.

To write this blog, I am using a dictation devise called Dragon naturally speaking. My hubby got it for me for my birthday. I decided to see how well I could multitask using the device. So I set my laptop on the counter and my ski glider in front of it. Now I am blogging and working out at the same time. Because this device is not used to my Southern slang, it is taking longer than usual to write this blog. The upside is that I am doing two things at once. Once this devise has adjusted to my speech patterns, it's supposed to be faster than typing. They devise is not the only thing that has to be trained. I am having to train myself not to slur words together, which I didn't even realize I was doing before I got the devise. This morning on the way to work, I looked it up in my car. I talked most of the way to work, and wrote over 500 words. Because I wasn't looking at the screen. I have a lot of typos to correct; however, the meat of the prologue of my new story is written. I had writer's block on the way home, so I brainstormed aloud. I now have detailed notes about my hero about my heroine and about the story itself. So far, I'm pretty impressed with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I'll keep you posted as to how well this thing works over the next few months. I have now finished, a blog post and a 30 minute workout all at the same time. Not that it took Dragon NaturallySpeaking 30 minutes to dictate this post. I just seem to have a harder time coming up with the words when I have to say them out loud, LOL. I guess that's another thing I have to train myself to do.

No comments: